The TFCI is affiliated with the International Tennis Federation, the world governing body of tennis, and its task is to promote tennis in the Cayman Islands. While it works with pros all over the islands, principally those at the Cayman Islands Tennis Academy, The Cayman Islands Tennis Club and The Ritz Tennis Centre, and with whom its interests are closely aligned, it is an independent, non-profit entity staffed by volunteers.
- Run the Cayman Islands PwC junior tennis circuit – a series of tournaments every year, for players aged 18& Under (see Programmes for more details).
- Work with the International Tennis Federation, which ultimately oversees our operations and advises accordingly.
- Organise tennis coaching at government primary schools on Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac (see Programmes for more details).
- Help and support juniors who compete abroad.
- Run regular non-competitive tennis fests for players aged 10&U and 8&U (see Programmes for more details).
- Liaise with all tennis clubs and pros to try to improve co-operation and communication among the tennis community.
- Persuade local companies to sponsor our programmes, and support those companies via media coverage of our activities.